- The Client or Agent shall be responsible for informing Rockfig Lodge Madikwe of any bookings, confirmations, booking amendments or cancellation of rooms or services in writing by email. The onus of proof of delivery in this regard will be on the Client or Agent.
- Provisional bookings will be held as follows:
|Number of days before travel||Number of days held|
|61+ days||14 days|
|Between 60 days and 31 days before travel||7 days|
|Less than 30 days before travel||3 days|
- Upon expiry of the above provisional periods Rockfig Lodge Madikwe reserves the right to release reservations, unless requested in writing by the Client/Agent to extend the provisional period. The extension of any provisional period will be at the sole discretion of Rockfig Lodge Madikwe.
- In the event Rockfig Lodge Madikwe receives a confirmed reservation request against space being held on a provisional basis by the Client/Agent, Rockfig Lodge Madikwe reserves the right to request confirmation or release the held space within 72 hours.
- Upon confirmation it will be required to disclose nationality – this information is used solely for market data purposes.
- Confirmed space will be subject to the appropriate cancellation and payment policies.
- Payments can be made via direct transfers into our bank account, or request a secure card payment link.
- All direct transfer payments should be made in full and free of any bank charges.
- A booking is only held on a provisional basis until a deposit has been paid.
- The amounts required to confirm a booking are as follows
- A 20% deposit required within 14 days to confirm reservation.
Balance of Payment:
- Balance of payment is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation of all bookings must be in writing and is only effective on receipt of the written notification.
- Reservations held by Rockfig Lodge Madikwe where no deposit has been paid will be cancelled by Rockfig Lodge Madikwe on notice to the Client/Agent.
- Requests to reduce or waiver cancellation fees from the Client/Agent will be considered with the decision made at the discretion of Rockfig Lodge Madikwe.
- On cancellation of a confirmed reservation, Rockfig Lodge Madikwe shall, subject to the relevant provisions of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 (as amended from time to time), and to the extent that the provisions of said Act are applicable, be entitled to the payment of the following cancellation fees:
- If cancellation of any booking or any part thereof, is received 91 days or more prior to arrival, the deposit will be refunded less an admin fee of 10% of the deposit value.
- If cancellation of any booking or any part thereof, is received 90 to 31 days or more prior to arrival, the deposit will be forfeited (20%).
- If cancellation of any booking, or any part thereof, is received 30 to 8 days or more prior to arrival, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If cancellation of any booking, or any part thereof, is received 7 days or less prior to arrival, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- Travel insurance is compulsory, covering for cancellation, personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses.